In name only, for it is neither.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Setting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:50 pm 
Final Boss

Wii Code: 3135-8011-6978-8544
Live ID: Thajocoth (Same for Steam)
The city of Nerusia's current King, Arinthius, is widely respected and looked up to as a wise and just ruler. He has decreed that the city of Nerusia would accept all sentient creatures who obey the laws of the city regardless of prior conflict they may have had with humans. This noble decree has brought many refugees, ambassadors and just ordinary people of other races that don't normally ally with humans to the city. It has also brought some who wish to undermine the King's noble intentions for their own gain. Crime is on the rise in Nerusia, and the crimes are oddly coordinated. The city guards, who've been stepping up recruitment to account for the increase in crime, have finally learned that an underground mafia has formed, but they don't have a lot of information on it yet.

King Arinthius has not yet taken a wife and thus far has no direct heirs to his throne by blood. The next in line for his throne right now would be his good friend and trusted adviser, an Eladrin spellcaster by the name of Lirinthiell. The city has a river cutting through it, separating a third of the city from the rest. The river is great for trade and fishing. Beyond the isolated third of the city is a large expanse of forest. Far up-river are the Syrazi Mountains. Legend has it that this mountain range was formed when the primordial Syrazi fell in the Great War between the Gods and Primordials long ago, her body becoming the mountain range. And on the opposite side of the city as the forest is the city's graveyard.

The party is either members of the mafia (evil) or has been hired by the city guard (good). Tell me which you would all prefer.

Post subject: Re: Setting
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 pm 
Final Boss

Wii Code: 3135-8011-6978-8544
Live ID: Thajocoth (Same for Steam)
A recent increase in crime has proven the city guard's forces to be less than sufficient. To bolster their forces, the guard has been hiring adventurers. Your characters have all been working for the city guard for a while, and are trusted well enough to be receiving orders directly from the captain of the guard himself. Captain Rhogar is a fire-breathing dragonborn man about 6'4". He's usually wearing chainmail and is never far from his axe.

Today, Captain Rhogar has a very important mission for you. There's an artifact being held in the museum attached to and run by the local temple of Ioun. The museum is closed in the meantime. Somebody tripped one of the magical sensors inside. Your mission is to see what's going on, and probably to catch the thieves. For this mission, it's preferred that you capture them alive. You should go now, before they escape. You'll be compensated when your mission is successful.